Sunday, May 4, 2008
Paper Garden
Today after church, the boys and I went to a greenhouse for a special children's spring project. While we were there, Kobe and Kian were able to paint their very own pot, then they made some designs with recycled paper and seeds inside the paper. Kobe made a heart and Kian made a flower shape. They then put the paper into their special painted pot with soil in it, and now have the task of watering and caring for their flower when it grows. We also got a tour of the greenhouse and how the workers start the planting process. We saw many beautiful flowers and plants of course and had a hard time choosing one to take home. The boys also were treated to goodies at the end of the tour. When it was time to go, the boys were given a free Marigold each and picked out their very own flowers to plant when it gets warmer out. Kobe of course picked Orange flowers, Kian picked yellow flowers, and we picked some pretty dark pink flowers for Karis and Kyrie. When I tucked Kobe into bed tonight (Kian had already fallen asleep) I asked him what his favorite part of the day was, and he said "The Paper Garden!" I knew they both had built a happy memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was bummed that we missed it. I totally forgot until after I laid the kids down for their nap and then looked at my calendar for the upcoming week. I am glad that you guys had fun, and hopefully we can figure out a way to do something like this at home!
Post a Comment