Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Snoopy - a Regular Jackson Pollock...

I heard some noise coming from the kitchen, and walked to see what was the matter. What met my eye was an absolute masterpiece! Smeared on the floor and fridge were large spots of neon-yellow finger paint. A daughter, a son and a golden retriever were all sitting on the floor admiring the ambiance oozing on the vinyl. I knew that my middle-children would never do anything as exquisite as this, so I sent them off to bed. Occasionally I have heard of monkeys and even elephants doing this sort of thing - painting contemporary non-representational expressionistic post-modern pieces of enjoyment, but never a common pet dog. He must have figured out just where to find the paint, open the tube, skillfully placing globs of it on the improvised canvas - then handing the yellow tube to my daughter, and a brown Crayola to my son - because after all the dog still is too modest to take the credit for himself. I was so proud I sent him outside to play in the snow, while I cleaned up the mess...

No comments: