Monday, August 30, 2010

An Unexpected Date

Monday took a different turn when I was sent home from work early today due to an extensive power-outage. Well, what is a family to do? Can't let an opportunity go to waste. The kids were scheduled for a play-date with the Wrights, and they were not wanting to miss it. To my surprise Heidi offered to watch the bundles of joy by herself so Rebecca and I could have a late lunch date.
Fun for the whole fam. El Potro for us - splendid! A chance to enjoy each other for a few precious moments uninterrupted. Once we had finished the grand Mexican eats, we were called by our realtor. Our date was expanded to a meeting in his office to discuss strategies and sign some more papers - A very positive experience planted with some seeds of hope. I felt we gained some traction - and I got to spend some quality time with my wife. All by the time I should still have been at work. Not bad for a Monday...

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hurray for unexpected fun! Glad you got to spend the afternoon together. And I'm holding my breath (well, not really, because I'd be long dead by now) that you hear about the house SOON!