
Today was family Fun Day at church. It's kind of the last "hurrah" of summer which can be happy or sad depending on your favorite season. I prefer Fall myself and am looking forward to the season of apples, pumpkins, cool, crisp air and colorful leaves. But alas, I digress.

Family Fun Day was a splendid example of all that is fun for children. Hotdogs and corn on the cob for lunch, games, prizes, cotton candy, popcorn and slushies following after. The weather was just as summer wants us to remember it- hot and sunny!

Fun was had by all and we were even treated to a performance by the Durocher family. I felt as though it was a giant family gathering! To top off the day, Kyrie's name was chosen for two prizes and Karis won the Grand Prize of a new girl's bike!

She was beaming from ear to ear so much that her cheeks got sore! It will be another day to put in our memory bank until next year. As for now, I am starting to dream of pumpkin pie. ; )
1 comment:
Oooooohhhhh, pumpkin pie! Doesn't that sound yummy? How many days until Thanksgiving?
Yay, Karis! So happy for you!
Post a Comment