Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bad Mom Day

Feeling guilty. No one ever tells you the guilt you will feel daily being a parent. Went to the park today and forgot to bring water for them. Well, I didn't forget but we were running late and it was cooler when we got there. It suddenly turned very hot and the kids immediately became parched. Seeing other good mother's with their water bottles, my kids became a dehydrated mess and cried because they were so thirsty. Guilt roared in like an ocean.
Went to buy Kobe's school shoes and saw fall jackets on sale. Bought one for Kobe, Karis and Kyrie. Kian has a new coat that was bought for him for school already so I didn't let him get one. Again, the sad look on his face crushed me.
After a frustrating conversation on the phone, I was short fused and hurried them off to bed.
I've often wanted to go back to the beginning of motherhood and start over with the knowledge I have now. God grant me the serenity...
I can only move forward and pray that God has covered them with His grace...and a little for me too.



1 comment:

Heather said...

Aren't you thankful that "His mercies are new every morning"? Tomorrow's a new day... a new day for lovin' your kids and making memories for them. You're an amazing mom, Rebecca!