Today Karis turned 2! I can hardly believe it. She woke up before everybody and went exploring until I got up to make her birthday breakfast. We ate and then she got to open her first present. We let the children open a gift sporatically throughout the day so they enjoy each present more instead of being overwhelmed by all of them at once. For her first gift she received a piggy bank that sings, talks, and counts coins as she puts them in. She loved it and played with it all day. Her brother Kian showed her where her other presents were hidden so she opened a few before she was allowed! Then later we went to McDonald's for her birthday lunch. We then picked up her birthday cupcakes and went home to play outside for a couple hours. She then came in and opened her present from her brothers which was a trunk filled with dress up clothes.
I think this was her favorite gift because there were so many outfits and jewelry and accessories to try on. We set the table with the Disney princess theme, because she loves Cinderella, whom she calls "Rella" and prepared for Grandma and Grandpa to come for her little party.
We had supper and cupcakes and then for a surprise, Trond made sno-cones for everyone. The birthday girl then opened presents from her grandparents. She thought she was truly a princess for a day! She even got to wear her Cinderella pajamas to bed. What a day for her. She even got to skip her nap! We did manage to find pink bear so she was able to celebrate the special day with Karis. All in all I think our Karis Janay had a great birthday and will remember it fondly!
1 comment:
ok, I have a question for you. How do you get your slide shows in your blog? I have been trying for a really long time, and no matter what I do I can't get them to post in here. What program do you use, or how do you do it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! You could reply to my blog jandshoard.blogspot.com or send an email to jashoard@yahoo.com.
Thanks soo much.
Sharalee
Post a Comment